I already know what you’re all thinking; YouTube is free… why am I about to start paying €6.99 for it? We’re about to tell you why. Here are 5 reasons we think YouTube Premium is totally worth it.
1. First of all, YouTube premium, previously known as YouTube Red, gives you a one month free trial. So even if you’re not too sure you want to spend €7 a month, at least you’re not missing out right? Like most of paid subscriptions like Netflix and Spotify, this is how they get you! You get a month of no ads and then you realize you never want to hear another Shawn Mendes ad again in your life. That leads me to my next point.
2. No ads! NO ADS! I know you’ll all agree with me when I say that YouTube has really been overdoing it with the advertisements lately. As in, ads now last 5 full minutes and play after almost every song… which really kills the mood when you’re mid-yoga session. I would say that’s worth €6.99 a month.
3. YouTube Premium allows you to download videos to watch offline. Save all your favourite songs, cooking tutorials, cat videos or whatever you’re into and watch anywhere you go even when you don’t have an internet connection. This is ideal for those long flights or gym sessions, and it saves you going over your data limit. Winning.
4. Access to YouTube Original series & movies. Now I can’t say I’ve ever watched any exclusive YouTube content, but if I’m going by the reviews, I’d say there’s reason to start. YouTube Premium allows you to watch famous actors & well-known YouTubers in series like Cobra Kai & Kedi. You know… in case you’re sick of Netflix.
5. How many times have you been listening to a song and an Instagram notification pops up and you click… and end of song. YouTube premium allows background playing, which personally is my favourite feature. You don’t need to keep the app open to keep listening, so scroll freely and let the soothing whale music play in the background. You do you.
What are your thoughts?!